Uneventfully, last week marked the sixth anniversary of when I started this blog. Since then, a lot has happened.
- The Boston Bombers killed 4 and maimed scores in another “faith based initiative”, were discovered, one was killed and the other captured, and (finally) read his Miranda rights.
- Congress failed to pass a weakened version of a bill designed to require people to get background checks when they buy a gun, despite overwhelming popular support.
- A fertilizer plant in Texas, that had not been inspected in decades, blew up, killing scores (we think – it’s so bad, it’s hard to count the bodies).
- Related to the last one, Texas legislators that voted against federal support for Hurricane Sandy relief came begging for federal support for West, Texas.
- Anonymous hacked The Facebook page of the Westboro Baptist Church, and have been running it quite successfully, and humorously, since then.
- Ricin-laced letters were apparently sent to President Obama and another US Senator.
- Multiple countries are legalizing same-sex marriage. New Zealand and, it looks like, France are the latest.
- A Pennsylvania couple, previously convicted of allowing their child to die by refusing medical care in favor of the power of prayer, apparently did it again.
- The poor are still getting poorer; the rich, richer.
All in one week!