This is not about a prize fight between two mythical entities. More like a comparison. Let’s start with similarities:
- He sports a beard. For that matter, he’s a he.
- His existence is taken on faith, no one has ever seen him, though there are numerous impostors who roam the world claiming to be him.
- He performs miracles, i.e. fantastic feats of supernatural legerdemain, such as flying around the world in a sled pulled by magical reindeer, walking on water, squeezing down chimneys that don’t exist, and instantaneously transforming H2O into vino.
- He promises rewards for good behavior, such as presents left under a tree, or eternal life.
- He has a large contingent of followers who work for him without compensation, and are at his every beck and call, like elves, apostles and disciples.
- He has five letters in his first name. His last name begins with a “C”.
- He is omniscient; he knows if you’ve been bad or good even if you hide it or only think it.
- He receives messages from his believers through intermediaries, such as the aforementioned impostors, saints, priests, etc.
- He was based on an actual historical figure, according to his believers (though not historians).
- He encourages rituals to be performed by his believers, such as attending church services, hanging stockings from the chimney, praying, and leaving milk and cookies.
- He inspires the creation of popular literature.
- He requires believers to be lied to consistently to maintain belief.
- He is not believed in by most intelligent adults.
- There are none.