So far this meme has been flogged by a few fellow bloggers, The Exterminator, (((Billy))), Ordinary Girl , Ridger (I think she started it), PhillyChief, and probably a few others I haven’t seen. Philly’s selections were somewhat arcane, at least to this old fogie. His taste in music and mine don’t seem to overlap. I’m not complaining (unless I happen to be riding in his car for a long trip).
In any event, I thought I’d see if I could stump the panel of experts (so to speak) and put up the first few vocalizations or lines from 25 of the songs on my iPod, set to shuffle. I didn’t strictly pick the first 25, because many of the songs have the title in the first line, but definitely 25 out of the first 45.
So, fuck the meme, Name That Tune!
- I used to drink a lot in those days you see
- In the timbers of Fennario
- I don’t care if Monday’s blue The Cure- Friday I’m in Love –Tommykey
- Walkin’ down new streets, music is loud They Don’t Dance Like Carmen No More – Jimmy Buffett – Lifeguard
- Well me and my uncle went riding down
- No I’m never gonna do it
- Baby, baby, I’ve been so sad since you’ve been gone. The Stones – Starfucker – Ordinary Girl
- It’s no secret, I don’t care.
- Is it too much to ask
- Could not get to sleep
- Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you say (this one’s for Ex) Revolution – The Beatles – Evo
- There’s a problem, feathers iron Fall On Me – R.E.M. – Lifeguard
- Well the first days are the hardest days Uncle John’s Band – Grateful Dead – Lifeguard
- You can walk on the water
- I’m going to rent myself a house
- Girl of a thousand faces
- I’m wearin’ fur pyjamas
- I can’t believe the news today Sunday, Bloody Sunday – U2 – Tommykey
- Rita was 16 years Love at the Five and DIme – Nanci Griffith – Ordinary Girl
- Don’t have to humble yourself to me
- We got the afternoon
- When I get off of this mountain Cripple Creek – The Band – Lifeguard
- All the snow has turned to water Souvenirs – John Prine w/ Steve Goodman – Lifeguard
- We were drinking like the Irish
- Got no time for the corner boys
Looking back at them, they seem very easy. Actually, one of them has the title in the line.
This should be a cinch.
For people my age.