Conservapedia, billing itself as “the Trustworthy Encyclopedia”, is supposedly a user fed alternative to the presumably biased Wikipedia, existing for the benefit primarily of conservatives, who count among themselves a large portion, if not most, of the fundamentalist Christians in America. A good indication of this is that it includes a daily Bible verse on its main page. It does not “allow liberal censorship of conservative facts.” (and here I thought facts were just facts, having no political allegiance – who knew?) It claims to be better that Wikipedia for many reasons, one of which is:
Conservapedia is first and foremost a family-friendly encyclopedia.
- Main Page [1,938,825]
- Homosexuality [1,626,288]
- Homosexuality and Hepatitis [518,224]
- Homosexuality and Parasites [434,638]
- Homosexuality and Promiscuity [422,327]
- Gay Bowel Syndrome [402,787]
- Homosexual Couples [374,232]
- Homosexuality and Gonorrhea [332,163]
- Homosexuality and Anal Cancer [294,586]
- Homosexuality and Mental Health [293,991]
It’s quite clear where the interest of the readership seems to lie, eh? (Gay Bowel Syndrome?) I guess some facts are just more interesting than others.